Before installing the manual redirect, please be aware that DudaMobile and Intuit Homestead have a partnership that automatically installs the redirect on DudaMobile sites provided through Homestead.
If your desktop site is linked to Homestead, all you need to do is publish the mobile site and it will be live in 2-8 hours. If you are planning to use a different DudaMobile site for your Homestead site other than the one that was provided through Homestead, or if you're seeing issues such as content "mismatching", please see "notes and warnings" below.
If the redirect does not automatically kick in, or if you accessed DudaMobile through a search engine or other method, then the following steps will help you to manually set up the redirect code.
- Login to your Homestead account and click on Websites Manager tab.
- If you have more than one Homestead site, pick the appropriate site from the drop down menu, then click the blue Edit Site button.
- Click the Page Settings drop down menu found near the top center of the Site Manager, and choose Advanced Settings.
- Paste the DudaMobile redirect code into the box labeled <head> tag HTML.
- Save your site, and hit the blue Publish button to make it live.
Your desktop site should now automatically redirect to the mobile site when viewed from a mobile smart phone.
Note: You will need to setup this redirect on all pages which you want to make mobile friendly.
As part of setting up the mobile redirect, you might want to consider setting up your custom domain. If your website is with Homestead, Duda has instructions on how to do that here.
Notes and warnings
Since the redirect is automatically installed by Homestead, using this manual method above with a DudaMobile site that was not provided by Homestead will cause a redirect conflict (since it's two redirects sending users to two different DudaMobile sites).
If you see this issue, simply unpublish Homestead's mobile site and it should fix this issue.