If your site isn't redirecting, the first step is to see if you installed your redirect script. The second step is to check that your redirect script is working on your live desktop site. To do this, we can go into the source code of your site to confirm it has been installed.
Note: It's a good idea to install your redirect script first before checking.
- On a desktop computer, open your browser (preferably Chrome or Firefox).
- Type in the homepage of your desktop site in your address bar.
- Once it loads, go to the beginning of your address bar and add "view-source:" to the beginning URL.
For example, if your site's name is "http://www.example.com", modify the URL at the beginning to read "view-source:http://www.example.com".
- Press the control + f keys to open the "search" option.
- Search for "redirect".
- If you see your redirect script, it's been installed correctly.